View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I think this just goes to show how difficult it is to come up with a device that pleases the majority of people. You will never please everyone. Ergonomics are so relative. Your mock-up is obviously what would work best for you but it looks dreadfully uncomfortable for me. I naturally grip my Kindle (version 1) on the left side with my thumb between the screen and the keyboard. It's the most comfortable position for me. I occasionally grip the same way with the right, but it's usually on the left. Page turns are just a mindless flick of the thumb. I think this is what the designers had in mind. I'm lucky that it coincides with my natural usage. My husband likes to grip about half-way up but he can't because of the buttons. He's gotten used to it, but it's not ideal for him.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote