View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #198
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I've never understood the BYOD fervor amongst employees. "Yay! I get to use my device for company business. Can I pay for all the office equipment also? Please."
It's going to get worse. I know of a major midwest university's long-term telecom plans which call for personal cell phones to be used for business. Employees won't get a company phone at all, they will get a VoIP app to put on their personal phones for inter-office calling.

It's not implemented yet, but they have decided to not update their current outdated legacy infrastructure and devices to full VoIP because of this. In their words, they are "skipping" that step.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote