View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #14
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
About a year ago I was having some digestive problems and I was sent a bottle of "medicine" by a young Buddhist monk that I know from Laos. I eventually found out that the abbot makes this medicine by putting all the leftover food into a big barrel and decanting the resulting liquid after it has been left for two months. The result was a brown, sweet-smelling and quite scary tincture that was to be mixed with water. When I eventually got up the courage to try it, it actually tasted quite nice and seemed to bring some balance back to my digestive system. I am convinced that many of these remedies and foods work by creating the conditions in which our own gut flora can flourish and recover from the assault that our western diet subject our digestive systems to - but of course, that's not science!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote