View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #45
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Dunno if you've seen this Gizmodo article or not. The Passive Voice article that links to it is called "This service could dismantle copyright forever."
It seems to me that the ball is back in the court of the user who sends their stuff to others.

' .... with a single right-click, I can generate a download link for the album. And then I can send it to whoever I want. It's Megaupload with a file manager.' *

So, if law authorities suspected someone they would also be sent the stuff generated through that person. Not by identifying that they're law authorities, but by seeking the stuff in whatever way others were seeking it ie providing an email address or whatever.

From an outsider looking in, it seems that it would be easier to catch people sharing stuff once word got around about 'popular' downloads, irrespective whether it's legal or illegal transfer.

PS: I use 'stuff' to explain any kinds of data

* Gizmodo

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-21-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote