View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrusz View Post
I have just changed the language of my book and the dictionary works fine
I am glad to hear it!

As for the filenames. According to my understanding, under FW 2.0.0 filenames were UTF-8 encoded, with later FWs they were 2-byte unicode encoded. And this is how I encoded them in my dictionary (namely 2-byte unicode). But sometimes it is hard to say what kind of encoding conversions are executed behind the screen (by the OS or decompressing tools.)

By saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
The original Japanese dictionary works internally different from the other dictionaries (and this is actually its weak point). Therefore, you cannot use it for our purpose.
I meant to say that if a dictionary file is named dicthtml-jp.zip the reader will call a search routine that works very special. It matches Kanjis with their Kana representation and then searches for the Kana reading. For instance, if you search for 本 the search engine will try to find it in the file ほん.html or maybe もと.html. In japdic01.zip, however, the entry is located in 本a.html. This is the reason why japdic01.zip cannot correctly work if you rename it to dicthtml-jp.zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrusz View Post
You just have to put a dictionary file do dict folder with a proper name, e.g. dicthtml-ja-en.zip. That's all It will not be listed in the Settings screen but will be shown as "Translation dictionary" while reading a book.
Does not work for me. Which FW are you on?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote