View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #296
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I think these two quotes illustrate the main points that I don't like about this proposal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldlyDubious View Post
However, in my view I deserve the fine, for having given my files to an unreliable person liable to commit unauthorized media distribution.
I don't like the idea that someone should be prosecuted for something they didn't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
d) someone who put your identification in the file to cause you hassle, and the file never came from you in the first place
BoldlyDubious seems to assume that the identification in the file can always be trusted, to the extent that it alone is sufficient evidence to provide proof for prosecution. That idea makes me very uncomfortable indeed.

I suspect BoldlyDubious and I will never reach agreement on this.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote