View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #216
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
It might be somewhat analogue to the case with k3flasher when it constantly reboots, and won't even last long enough to fully load the RAM kernel. I think we were feeling that these cases are mostly bad hardware, which in the most simple case might be an empty drained battery (might never come up again, try to load it for *days*!), but might be more serious hardware defects OTOH.
For "De-Brick a DX(G)" project, I had to read a lot of code in a lot more detail than I ever wanted too.

Bottom line:
We could create a "Charger Bin" to run in the limited space of the on-board ram (without starting the external mDDR ram) that would run the battery management chip.

Since the battery management is done off-SoC the Freescale code is not written to control it.
Which means that chip might be in any state at all without the kernel (or u-boot) controlling it.

The other choice is to remove the battery and use an "Amazon Approved" external charger to bring it back up.
Not a very "user friendly" solution - saying they have to tear their Kindle apart to re-charge the battery.

Same problem when using the ATK (same "ram kernel" - no battery management).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote