View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I really like ebooks, but I think he has some valid points. Right now you can just buy a book or pick one up at a library and the trouble involved is primarily the trip. Trade that off with an ebook for pdas that requires a computer and internet connection, and the pda, and a charged battery, and knowledge of what books will work with your reader software, possible requirement of an online purchase and/or site registration and password to keep track of, debugging the problem if it doesn't go smoothly, etc.

For a geek like me, all that tech part goes almost unnoticed, and so the whole thing seems convenient for me when I consider that I don't have to get in my car. But for a "normal person" it might be pretty intimidating compared to a trip in the car, or borrowing a book from a friend.

But the times will change and those tech parts will become easier and like second nature to the general public in time.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote