Thread: KF8
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
A quick and dirty way of telling is to open it in Kindle for PC/Mac. KF8 files currently only support single column mode when reading. So if you try to change the Kindle App to multi-column/page mode and nothing changes (it's still one column/page)... chances are it's in the KF8 format.

I don't know if that will always be the case, though. I suspect the apps will eventually support reading KF8's in multi-column mode. There is script floating around Dump_headers.py (or something similar) that will spit out the details of mobi files, but I can't seem to find it right now to post a link.

Also, anything with drop-caps or non-standard fonts could be a dead giveaway... but it could also be a Topaz book.
Thanks D. Do you know if there is any way to tell before buying a book?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote