View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #13
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
A friend referred to his new iPad as "my new playtoy" last week.

It sounds to me like the sales clerk was a serious reader who was asked for her opinion by another serious reader.

Since B&N is primarily in the book business rather than the gadget business, I don't think that it is inappropriate for the clerk to refer to the NC as a toy. It would have been inappropriate if she had called it "high-priced junk", dismissing its quality. But she wasn't really criticizing the NC. She was just saying that for serious readers the Nook Wifi is a serious device and the Nook Color is not.

I think that that is a fair opinion one might have.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote