View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 02:33 PM   #2258
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapjim View Post
I want to buy an ebook that's only available from Amazon, and I want to remove the DRM to side load it to my Kobo. I don't own a Kindle device. Back in 2020 I remember being able to do this by using the Windows Kindle app, Calibre, and Apprentice Harper's DeDRM tools. But that doesn't work any more. So I tried the following:

1. Downloaded the latest Kindle app (2.3.1 70682).
2. Downloaded the latest Calibre
3. Downloaded the latest DeDRM_Tools from https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/

And that didn't work either.

Is there a link documenting the steps I need to take? Do I need, perhaps, an older version of the Kindle app? I've kept version 1.26 but it didn't manage to login.
Untill someone more knowledgable comes along, it looks to me like you didn't download the latest DRM removal tools (from what you quoted):

Quote:
The latest version (2.2.x) of Kindle for PC, NoDRM's fork of DeDRM (10.0.9 beta), and KFX Input can now be used! It is also not known how long this method will remain working, so backup your books as soon as possible.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote