View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #32
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You only have to look at this site, where, one might expect, members had a higher-than-average level of literacy, to see the number of people who don't seem to know the difference between "your" and "you're", or "its" and "it's". I find it rather depressing to see.
I don't think you can take message board posts as a true gauge of a person's grammar competency. I know I'm not as careful with my posts here or with casual email as I would be for something more important.

I do know the difference between "your" and "you're" and "its" and "it's" but can easily see typing it wrong in a quickie post. I know I've found typos in some of my posts that I read later on that were kind of appalling. Even entire missed words. I do care enough that I edit the post that nobody will probably ever read again, but the errors were there for everyone to see, even though I did know better.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote