View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 06:44 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
I've gotten into the habit of using <span class="bold"> for bold text because someone told me a long time ago that <b> was deprecated. It's lately become clear to me that this was incorrect and I should probably be using <strong>.

Is there a way to replace every instance of that particular <span> tag in an ePub, including the closing tag with a <strong> tag, other than doing it all manually?
Something like:

Find: <span class="bold">(.*?)</span>

Replace: <strong>\1</strong>

might work for you. Backup your file and test a couple of find/replace before doing a replace all. Note that this uses the PCRE flavour used with Sigil. Others may vary and you may need to remove the ? if the default is lazy (minimal match).

Last edited by DNSB; 10-02-2020 at 06:50 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote