View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 12:40 AM   #10
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
the usual quick fix with fires and PCs is to connect it to a different USB port & not via a usb hub - that is often all it takes for stuff to come alive [ conversly the fix for PC and a Kobo not seen is to connect via a hub and not directly ]
also try both of connect then power on & power on then connect. and as a last resort, in a new usb port, shut down PC, conncct fire, boot up PC to force PC to see " new hardware" and to go find the driver
but curious? why do need to ever connect the fire to PC on usb, everything you need to move / copy can be done with apps ( like calibre connect), or by installing a fire manager and connect to your PC over your LAN e.g. if you want to copy over the apk files for google services, or youtube or dropbox
with any few fire, I put all the apps I may need in one easy to type named shared folder on my PC, find it on my LAN - copy all to fire's download directory. then for books etc I use CC to calibre content server
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote