View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #22
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
I'd never given much thought to the fact that the Calibre way (you say it's grid sorting? I don't know what that is...) really doesn't make logical sense to me. When I sort multiple columns I always do the same ones, so I've gotten accustomed to just clicking them in that order without actually thinking about it. But it isn't the way my brain works either, and it isn't the way any other software I've used works (thinking, e.g., of Excel), though there must be some reason Calibre does it that way?

So anyway, I can see why you're on the fence. I guess my initial thought would be to leave it as is. If people aren't really used to using Calibre's multiple-column sorting, my guess is that they'd more naturally assume it would work the way you have it. If they are, I think they'd probably figure it out (no one has complained so far, at least! ) I noticed mostly because I was setting up a view I use all the time, so I'm really accustomed to clicking those two columns in that order, but still, I didn't have any trouble figuring out what I needed to do to make it work.

And thanks for this - I haven't yet figured out all the ways it will be useful, but I know it will be!
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote