View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #140
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnTheReader View Post
<snip>
1) did not recognize any SD card
2) when opening a new book, it opened in the middle of the book so I immediately had to use the menu to go back to Page 1
3) the time display is not accurate
<snip>

1) The Book does not take HC or HS SD cards (though none of my regular 2 G cards worked either)
2) my unit has a software problem that causes it to crash
3) although the new patch (Sep 1?) *might* address some of these problems, the patch CANNOT be downloaded through Windows 7 (64 bit) or Linux (my two laptops), so I have no way to get the patch on my The Book.
<snip>
Hi ATR, et al,

it's always disappointing to find faults where they should not be, and not for one minute do I think it is unreasonable for a device to work properly when purchased.

Your SD card problems (and those of others) have me perplexed: my reader recognizes my cards - SDHC and "normal" without problem, though it does forget it has them from time to time. My wife's unit does the same thing.

Starting a book somewhere other than the first page is also unacceptable. (My wife initially presumed the first bit was missing altogether.) And don't start me on that ridiculous clock...

I find the issue with the patch interesting for I would have thought downloading would not be an issue, but running/executing it would stop linux in its tracks; Win 7/64 (and would that include Vista as well?) is another problem altogether. My understanding is that Win7 was backwards compatible to a significant extent with 32-bit apps. Perhaps it is the need for a DOS window?

In any event, Augen is particularly myopic for this oversight. Sure, WinXP is still the most common OS in the world, but Win7 is coming up fast, and owners of TBs will want to upgrade their firmware for sure.

While I am very happy with my TB, I don't know what the future holds, and a Pocketbook may well be my next purchase, and that might change things markedly. I have fond memories of my first car all those years ago, but I wouldn't swap it for my Citroen under any circumstances.

I don't blame you in the least for being dissatisfied.

Good luck.

Michael P
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote