View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Paris (France) meetup : The Return ! 25 october 2008

well, after the resounding success of the first MobileRead apéro in Paris (that's Paris France, not Texas), we really couldn't help but do it again ! so it's with boundless delight that we announce the Paris MR meetup, II !

mark your calendars : the second apéro will be

SATURDAY, THE 25 OF OCTOBER 2008

and in addition to the usual suspects, we will have not one but TWO surprise guests (at least) !!! you don't want to miss that !

look out, we're giving you practically 2 full months' notice ; that's huge. so mark the day, run and get your train ticket, and warn those pesky kidnapping extra-terrestrials that you've already got a date for the 25th.

not only that, we've planned this thing for a saturday this time, for those hardy souls who don't even live in the capital but will make the trip just for this ! (in fact, some of them don't even live in France. little clue for those of you who want to guess the identity of the surprise guests... so you see, all you Parisians and suburbanites, you really have no excuse to miss it !)

please leave a message here to say you're coming (notice i did not say "whether you're coming" ; i'm counting on you ! i'll be so disappointed, otherwise), and which device you will bring, and how many people will be with you, so we can plan.

/!\ we'll announce the location later, so watch this space !!!

EDIT : THE PLACE !!!

i've found us a choice place for this next meetup !! the bar where we held it the last time is having a concert on the 25th so we'll be moving to

LA TROTTINETTE
sicilien bar / restaurant

23, rue de la Fontaine au Roi
Paris 11th arrondissement
Métro Goncourt (line 11)
or if you prefer Parmentier (line 3) or République (lines 3, 5, 8, 9, 11)

you can drink and you can also eat there : they propose sicilian cuisine based on HOME-MADE pasta and bread, with exclusively fresh ingredients, around 60% organic products. lots of vegetables which will make the vegetarians happy for once ! but the carnivores can have a steak if they prefer ! appetizers are at 7.50€, main course 12€, dessert 6€ (glass of beer 2.50€).

i propose we start with drinks around 18:30 or 19:00, and those who want to can also have dinner there.

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PRESENCE AND WHETHER YOU PLAN TO HAVE DINNER OR NOT by leaving a message in this thread. i have to give him some more definite numbers a few days in advance ; it's a small place, and as everything is made to order with fresh ingredients, he wants to be sure to have the right quantities on hand.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote