Thread: Troubleshooting Bug in KF8 firmware for eInk Kindles?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bug in KF8 firmware for eInk Kindles?

I may have found a bug in the KF8 firmware on eInk Kindles. The only Kindle I have access to test is the Kindle Touch with the new 5.3.2 firmware.

The bug is that if I use serif as the name in the font-family definition, the Kindle does not display the embedded font. But, if I use a name such as "Charis SIL", then it works fine. Is this a bug or is serif a reserved name and should not be used?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote