View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I personally don't see a 'decline in piracy'. I think that that part of the article is a made-up bunch of hooey.
I suspect the decline in piracy is directly linked to the ease & ubiquity of iTunes. Paying a buck a song is often easier than hunting down a torrent and hoping the song is correctly labeled, not corrupt, not a virus in disguise (actually very rare), and not missing the opening or closing verse.

Quote:
People buy stuff because they buy stuff and people pirate stuff because they pirate stuff. Do they really think the increase in sales are a result of pirates who no longer pirate?
It's the other way around: People buy when stuff's easy to get and cheap, and then they don't pirate.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote