View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #5
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Several of us are or have purchased no-contract phones (NCP) with the intent to use them as audio players for audiobooks and music. These devices will be used in ways similar to the iPod touch and Galaxy Players, both of which aging devices operating on older operating systems.

Most of the NCPs are Android 4.4 devices, but other platforms are also welcome (iOS, Windows). Most of the time, suggestions and issues will be platform based; which is why this thread is for all models.

So tell us which NCP you have and your intended uses for it
Thanks for posting the Volt deal! I picked one up on the Radio Shack site, after getting the $10 discount code. So now I'll use this as my audiobook player/chromecast remote instead of my old, half-dead iPhone 4. I'd been considering getting a Fire phone for this purpose when I saw it dropped to $199, which, in retrospect, was a stupid idea. I sure know how to waste money!
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote