View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 03:46 AM   #85
Mercutio111
Mercutio111 will become famous soon enoughMercutio111 will become famous soon enoughMercutio111 will become famous soon enoughMercutio111 will become famous soon enoughMercutio111 will become famous soon enoughMercutio111 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
That's this most important thing if you want to even think about a jailbreak right now.

There are some good indications about the KOA and KT#, that devices with bluetooth have a certain entry point, but we don't know about the new one yet.

If you want a jailbreak at all, please do not update the software.

Also, for record keeping purposes, reply to this with your device configuration ( GB, 3g, etc ), and the first 6 digits of your serial.

And then go to settings, and choose device info, and report your kindle version fresh from amazon. mine is "5.9.0.6 ( 3234010012 )"

Instructions on how to block updates, but still connect to WIFI.
See also: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=219986

Plug your kindle into usb before connectiong to wifi
Create a FOLDER at the root of your USB drive named "update.bin.tmp.partial"
That is it.

This has worked in the past, all the way up to the most recent update before 5.9.2, though there is no guarantee it will keep working.

Instructions on how to skip wifi setup
When you get to the wifi setup screen that lists all the wifi names, hit the [x] in the top corner to close it.
Then there will be a "continue setup later" link in the bottom corner.
Cleick that to get to the kindle's home screen before connecting to wifi.
Hi coplate,

I would like to participate. I own a new Kindle Oasis 2.

Kindle Oasis 7"
8GB, WiFi
G000 P8

I will follow the instructions published on gitHub but therefore I need the PW.

I created a folder at the root of the USB drive named "update.bin.tmp.partial" - and until now it works :-)

Could you please send me the PW?

Thank you very much for your (hopefully successful) work!
Mercutio111 is offline   Reply With Quote