View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 08:35 AM   #38
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSnyder View Post
The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for epic fantasy novels that contain lots of action, preferably those that aren't too over-descriptive with unnecessary details.

Please do not recommend The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia, seeing that I've already read those. Also, I'm not really interested in Harry Potter or Fantastic Beasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes, well...proselytizing is one thing; wasting time recommending books that the OP might never read, because they don't fall into his/her interest zone is another.

Hitch
Yeah...KyleSnyder wants an 'epic' fantasy that isn't overly descriptive with unnecessary details. By most definitions an epic fantasy is world building and descriptive. The examples provided are abundantly descriptive making the way OP frames the request a bit contradictory. I don't want to be too critical because we are unsure of who KyleSnyder is, some people interpret brevity differently. I personally over-emote because I sometimes perceive brevity as not very friendly but whatever. I like talking about the books I like

As to recommendations I forgot to mention Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. The series provides thousands upon thousands of pages to read, involves a bit of action (not as much as Drizzt) and social commentary that adds depth

Tons of good quotes that nobody can fail to appreciate: https://www.goodreads.com/work/quote...ord-of-truth-1

Last edited by Pizza_Cant_Read; 12-07-2017 at 09:23 AM. Reason: didn't want to seem derogatory towards OP
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote