View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 11:45 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I admire Julian's work ethic and his efforts, but to me, it's kludgey. I mean, if you can write HTML and CSS, you don't need Jutoh and honestly, if you know how to use Headings and Styles, in Word or LO or … I don't see the need to use Jutoh, either.

I've used it. I've tested it.
Agree 100% with all that. I tested it too. OTOH OO is dead. LO is OO rebranded and updated. Oracle trademarked the OO branding and wouldn't allow reuse.
Sigil is better if you want an alternative to Word/LO Writer and Calibre from docx. You do have to edit OO or LO in native odt and an extra Save AS for Calibre and Kovid confirms that's best, he'll not be updating the odt import to work as well as docx does.

I've used Word for Windows since 2.0a and OO/LO since it was Sun Office / Star Office. Started with Wordstar.

I've maintained & edited true server side web, HTML + CSS + early MS HTC +MS-SQL, then Java + Coldfusion + Oracle SQL apis, + javascript + HTML + CSS, sometimes all in one file. You'd not be able to pay me to do that or real programming ever again.

I can do CSS + HTML fine. Even PHP and javascript for my websites, but my preference is Styles in a Wordprocessor and not having to edit the CSS & HTML at all. If I needed fancy science / mathematics I might use LaTex and Sigil if LO Writer or MS Word didn't cut it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote