View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 10:46 AM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
Late to the party, I just tripped over this thread. I don't know what you're doing in detail, but I've made around a thousand epubs using Jutoh over the years and never, ever had a problem applying styles. I'm using 2.97.2 now on an Ubuntu box. Highlight text, bring up the styles pane, double click on a style, done.

I use it less now. Since I've learned to code html and css I mostly use LO Writer for text editing and Calibre Editor for final touch-up after conversion to epub.

BUT I still use it for some special very complicated cases where I need to go from epub to odt and the reverse with a large set of custom styles. It is the only thing I know that will get an epub into an odt (and vice versa) with exactly the same styling, including the style names.
IDK. I admire Julian's work ethic and his efforts, but to me, it's kludgey. I mean, if you can write HTML and CSS, you don't need Jutoh and honestly, if you know how to use Headings and Styles, in Word or LO or OO or (insert word processor here), I don't see the need to use Jutoh, either.

I've used it. I've tested it. I've tested the newer versions, etc. At one point, (going back quite a ways, mind you) I considered using it to try to make both print and ebooks at once (making all the edits in one place) and when push came to shove, I ended up simply biting the bullet and continuing to do print layout in INDD and working that process instead. {shrug}. The advent of Wordsflow has made that process less painful, too.

Offered solely FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote