View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 07:03 PM   #5
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreagan View Post
but when it comes to applying a style to a block of selected text, it just isn't working. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.
Late to the party, I just tripped over this thread. I don't know what you're doing in detail, but I've made around a thousand epubs using Jutoh over the years and never, ever had a problem applying styles. I'm using 2.97.2 now on an Ubuntu box. Highlight text, bring up the styles pane, double click on a style, done.

I use it less now. Since I've learned to code html and css I mostly use LO Writer for text editing and Calibre Editor for final touch-up after conversion to epub.

BUT I still use it for some special very complicated cases where I need to go from epub to odt and the reverse with a large set of custom styles. It is the only thing I know that will get an epub into an odt (and vice versa) with exactly the same styling, including the style names.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote