View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #117
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by holytoledo View Post
Hello. I have a question that perhaps someone can point me to. I have a paperwhite 3 that the touch failed randomly. I do not know the serial but know it is a wifi only model.

The digitizer has stopped responding entirely. I tried doing the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file in main directory trick thinking it would work, but it did not and the touch is still failing. Now I am stuck in the main loading screen (language selection) without the ability to bypass.

My pondering is, would I be able to bypass the set up through Android SDK ADB? And I know it has a USB OTG port but never bothered using it, would a mouse work? I would need to buy/make a USB OTG cable, but if I can get a mouse to work it would be good. I can click to use and even buy some sort of mini-mouse. It has no physical defect of any kind. Wifi and display work perfectly. Same with backlight. For some reason touch does not work though.

If anyone can help with some guidance it would be very helpful. I should have left it as setup. But once I read the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE trick I had to try it.

I did not find very much regarding the PW3 in the main page of this thread. Has there been any development? Maybe I just don't know the terminology well.

Thanks for your time!

1. Only the KT3 is known to have ADB in some version
2. The PW3 is known to support USB OTG, but only after you install certain drivers after jailbreaking. If your screen is dead, thats hard :-)

It is possible to install the USB support for mouse and keyboard on your kindle stilll - but it requires you to open the PW3 and solder to the serail port, and then install the USB support code over that connection.

If you are read/willing/able to do that, let us know, and we can get you the instructions you need but here are the cliff notes.

A) Connect to serial port inside kindle
B) Install USB OTG drivers
C) Install usb/mouse code in the x-windows config file
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote