View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 10:04 PM   #116
holytoledo
holytoledo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Gen, Paperwhite 3
Hello. I have a question that perhaps someone can point me to. I have a paperwhite 3 that the touch failed randomly. I do not know the serial but know it is a wifi only model.

The digitizer has stopped responding entirely. I tried doing the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file in main directory trick thinking it would work, but it did not and the touch is still failing. Now I am stuck in the main loading screen (language selection) without the ability to bypass.

My pondering is, would I be able to bypass the set up through Android SDK ADB? And I know it has a USB OTG port but never bothered using it, would a mouse work? I would need to buy/make a USB OTG cable, but if I can get a mouse to work it would be good. I can click to use and even buy some sort of mini-mouse. It has no physical defect of any kind. Wifi and display work perfectly. Same with backlight. For some reason touch does not work though.

If anyone can help with some guidance it would be very helpful. I should have left it as setup. But once I read the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE trick I had to try it.

I did not find very much regarding the PW3 in the main page of this thread. Has there been any development? Maybe I just don't know the terminology well.

Thanks for your time!
holytoledo is offline   Reply With Quote