View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 07:32 PM   #75
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Option 2 is not only the more effective of the two, but as you pointed out, it is proven. My business model was my attempt at Option 2 (with mixed success, it may still stand some tweaking), and I'd recommend it over Option 1 every time.

The thing is, Option 2 means more work and lower profits per sale for the author/publisher, which makes it a harder sell to them, unless you can demonstrate that the method makes them more overall sales to make up for the lower margins. Until e-books really take off, that's also a hard sell.

That's why the Kindle system could succeed over all others: With Amazon doing the heavy lifting to create the system and the hardware, it's easier for a publisher to get on board. In fact, if they ever build a better Kindle (more attractive, and color), I'll get one, too.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote