View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 11:51 AM   #62
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I would love to have a "failure" that netted me over $400k!

That's not a good example. It failed because it was poorly designed. If I remember correctly, he required payment from a certain percentage of downloads. Any halfway decent script-kiddie could screw with the download count by downloading a few million copies.
Does anybody have any evidence that this, in fact, happened? Even a link to a blog where the script-kiddie says, "Yep, that was me, and here's what I did. Ha-Ha!" Because, if not, it's just conjecture. I've heard this mentioned as a possibility many times, but so far I've heard of no information to back it up.

At any rate, the actual amount of money King made isn't the issue... it's the amount of money he planned to make on the project, compared against what he did make, that counts. If he expected to make 4 million on that project, $400k would be a pretty poor showing.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote