View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #8
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
My bad - I instinctively read v2014-11, since we just (as in, a few hours ago) released that. Yes, v2014-04 didn't even know that a H2O exists (did it at the time?) :-) The new stable, as well as current nightlies (well, those that are not broken during development) should work on H2O.

Hm, that thing about pocket is strange indeed. Koreader doesn't touch anything beside its own files, so I can pretty sure exclude a direct modification by Koreader here. Not so sure about KSM, though. And if we're unlucky, it's some bad interaction with nickel (the native framework). That certainly needs further investigation. Thanks for the report!

@JSWolf: Maybe a tad bit more configurability. It probably boils down to personal taste.

@duncann: This reader "casually ignores" quite a lot of stuff. If this matters at all, i.e. shows with your documents and bothers you, is dependent on the documents and personal taste. Some things are plain configuration things. That said - the reader does not implement ePub rendering on its own. It uses CREngine for that, which is the rendering engine behind CoolReader. So you can expect it to fail in the same places.

I guess the strength of it lies in other places as ePub rendering (though it does that well enough for quite a lot of people). Simple things, like built-in night mode, complex things, like page-layout optical recognition based PDF reflow (using k2pdfopt internally). Or djvu rendering. Or FB2 format, rudimentary DOC, HTML support. Inter-Reader synchronization. No full-text indexing (some people consider that a feature, especially those with some thousands of documents on their readers).

It's still actively developed. Open Source, and open to contributions.

Last edited by hawhill; 12-04-2014 at 02:25 PM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote