View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 01:00 AM   #61
stevenaleach
Enthusiast
stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Yes, they do a good job. I'm still thinking about making something using a waveshare e-ink display.
I just got another ESP-32 board from Amazon yesterday [Lolin D32 PRO, Micro-SD slot, 4MB PSRAM, battery management, lots of GPIOs] that will one-day power a larger screened companion for my M5Paper (if and when DigiKey ever delivers the dern Paper).

Since the pandemic has drastically reduced my work hours and cut my expendable income, I'm waiting on Congress to weigh in on exactly *which* Waveshare screen I end up using (the 7.8" versus the 10.3" one, both at 1872×1404) and how soon I get to order it ;-)

I'm seriously considering including a solar panel on the rear and an Adafruit solar battery charger, though that might be overkill (the Lolin board has *very* low deep-sleep current draw and will spend most of its time sleeping, being woken to turn the page every now and then).. but the idea of a nice reader that will always just work and NEVER need to be charged is quite appealing.
stevenaleach is offline   Reply With Quote