View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #25
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Book wholesale is now not needed, they are parasites. Publishers should ship direct to bookshops for paper and sell ebooks from their own sites without DRM.
I have no interest in going to numerous different publisher's websites to buy books. I don't know who publishes the books I read, nor am I interested in finding out. And why would bookstores want to deal with having multiple deliveries from dozens of different small publishers?

Some people might take your statement to the next level and say that "Publishers are now not needed, they are parasites. Authors should sell ebooks directly from their own sites without DRM."

Or, instead, they could avoid all the hassle of running their own sites, and sell through Amazon instead.

The extreme view would be that the author provides value by writing the book. An editor provides value by making the book better. Amazon/Kobo/... provide value by providing store services and discoverability. Everything in between has to justify its value.

Last edited by murraypaul; 12-06-2020 at 10:28 AM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote