View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #530
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Books not being put into collections

Hi. First I have to thank Ixtab and everyone else who has worked so tirelessly to fix the breaks amazon keeps putting out there for kindles.

I have a problem and I promise I have tried to search first, so if I missed it, I apologize.

I have a paperwhite and am using kindle collections and CM. They both seem to be working mostly correctly, but there are a handful of books that are not being placed into collections. My collections are created off of the series column in Calibre and the fields are definitely populated there. I ran a report from Kindle Collections and that plug-in says they are part of their respective collections... so it's in the translation from Kindle Collections to CM I'm guessing.

I have re-created collections, restarted and re-imported collections several times to no avail. Any ideas what's happening? Any help would be much appreciated.

ETA: Okay, so I tried everything again this morning and it has decided to work. I'm sure there was operator somewhere last night... The one thing I did do different was to uncheck the "only generate data for created/updated collections" option in Kindle Collections, then re-created collections, etc. If this is what made it correctly place books in their collections on the kindle, great, but I hate to leave it unchecked going forward as it does take longer to update on the kindle. But if that's what it takes, I will.

ETA 2: Spoke to soon. I added a couple of new books to my device today (after posting the first ETA). When I did the kindle collections thing after sending the new ones to my device, it threw an older book out of its collection. What is weird is that in CM, the book appears in the collection. On the kindle home page, it shows the book outside of the collection but when I open the collection, it says there are 4 books but with only 3 showing... the 4th one being the one sitting outside of the collection. It's weird. It isn't that big a deal, at this point it's only one book, but I would love to figure out why this is happening so I can maybe keep it from continuing.

Last edited by laurla; 06-08-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Continuing issues
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote