View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question prs-650 battery wearing out. Sell/replace ?

my prs-650, which i have used daily for 2-3 years seems to be coming to the end of its life. The battery is now only good for a couple of days reading before a recharge is needed. I have tried the usual fixes - soft/hard resets. I think it has simply exceeded the x 1000 recharges that the battery is designed for.

so my question is - how long now before it becomes completely unusable. Would it be ethical to auction it with a " short battery life" disclaimer, i.e. it is still good for plenty more use if kept on a charger or given a daily boost.

I looked at replacement batteries on amazon but reviews were not encouraging & it's probably more cost effective to auction as-is or to store as an emergency back-up device.

luckily I bought a spare, a couple of years back, which I never used so I have switched over to that, while I ponder the "benefit" of getting a newer model but then losing prs-plus.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote