View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Smile A proper introduction

Hello everyone! Long-time lurker here. I'm always on this site lurking and reading, because I learn many things here. I figured I should introduce myself properly before I go and create trouble in the discussions.

I have to credit this site for giving me the push toward using eBooks. I started out earlier this year with a Palm m500 bought for $20 on eBay, then I got an eBookwise, which I think is a great device for the price. Then, just a few days ago, I went to Target and got myself a Sony PRS-505. Woot!

I have to say that the Sony is a beautiful, sleek piece of gadget. Not perfect, but hey. I was this close to getting a Kindle, primarily for the annotation and dictionary features which are very desirable to me. But I knew myself well enough to know that even with those extra features, I probably won't toss a Kindle into my bag and haul it around, especially while travelling. Even without those features, I have no buyer's remorse with the Sony. I'm eagerly waiting for October 2.

I'd like to give a shout-out to Calibre and its developer. It has been really, really useful. Sony's library software sucks.

Take care everyone!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote