View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:22 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookBunny View Post
I managed to test the Kobo in a store with a bunch of epubs and other files I brought on a SD card and it behaved well enough to buy it. PDF viewing is atrocious, but that's not really what I planned to do with it.
A good way of testing. But when I bought mine, they hadn't set the device up properly.
Quote:
Went home, set it up with a clean virtual machine and rolled it back after the deed was done & turned off wifi. Organizing my books into shelves was a bit annoying, too bad that the Kobo doesn't identify folders as shelves. Now I'm trying to find a nice cover, the usual ones are superfat and the slim gecko is kinda meh..
If you use calibre, it can do the shelf creation for you. See the sticky at the top of the Kobo forum. Also, the Kobo firmware allows books to be in multiple shelves. With that, folders as shelves doesn't work as well.

For covers, there is discussion in the Kobo forum. I can't recommend one as I don't use one.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-08-2013 at 01:27 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote