View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #48
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
The story trumps formatting and spelling in my book. I've read some ebboks which most on this thread would throw in to the cyber bin with one glance. The ebook world.....is fairly young as far as mainstream reading goes....Time will improve books...hopefully.
And that is exactly what I don't understand.

Pick any 20 year old dude / gal who has the basics of HTML and CSS down, give them Sigil and a tutorial, and within half an hour they'll be able to create basic, but clean and good looking eBooks from a text file. It's not that difficult. I've done it myself. (And maybe will do again, as I'm contemplating to read a book that MR does not have yet.)

"We" (readers) have Sigil, but I assume that "they" (publishers) have something similar. Or maybe the use Sigil too. I have bought some mobi's in the past (when I couldn't get an epub) that were converted to mobi by Calibre, so publishers do use Calibre.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-06-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote