View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #1202
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Well, I believe there is more improvements from iPad1 to iPad2 than from iPad2 to New iPad.

Just to mention a few:

-Weight reduction
-Faster CPU (I believe CPU remains the same)
-Inclusion of cameras

While I do not want to start a debate of what was added and what was not on New iPad, the increase in weight is a minus and CPU remains the same. While cameras are better, we already had that on iPad2; was totally absent on iPad1.

I think that the change was more a subtle one on this release.
Another letdown: They didn't improve the speaker (at least I don't hear anything). It's powerful enough, but compared to BlackBerry PlayBook or Motorola Xoom 2 you simply miss the Stereo effect.
I don't mind the increased weight.
I'm not too fond of the information politics about the smart covers. Mine fits, but I still would like to know, whether smart covers for iPad 2 and iPad 3 are absolutely identical. Of course, an honest answer here might hurt new business (no new smart covers needed?).
It's even worse about the back shields (admittedly, not Apple products, but 3rd party). Some seem to fit (mine does, although it's a very tight fit), other's don't and you just have to guess about yours.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote