View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #80
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
Kiwidude,

One follow-up:

On running an author (I just did Nora Roberts for my wife), on the Predefined Fantastic Fiction, I got 397 lines after hitting Preview... but the Next button never highlighted.
I notice that there are a bunch of blank Lines too, with the only data being the author, Nora Roberts.

Same problem with David Eddings: Used FF, got 43 lines with 7 blank line here and there, and no Next button highlighted

any ideas why it came to a halt? Or what I can do?
Just had a brief look at this. Sure enough it is the xpath for the website page that is the problem. Specifically where it tries to get the series index value. If you blank out the Series Index xpath (erase the "text()") you will see all those "blank" lines disappear. Unfortunately of course that also means every book gets its series index set to zero.

Currently I have validation logic in the wizard which says if the title for a book is blank, then don't let you proceed. That is why the Next button is grayed out, and as theducks pointed out, a workaround is to delete those rows with blank titles.

I will have a play to see if I can get another xpath expression which works, though this particular website is a real pain for trying to do this as the html is very poorly structured. Alternatively I could change the wizard so that any lines with blank titles just get ignored rather than stopping you from going to the next page.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote