View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #70
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This is really strange, the json has values to restore the DB structure, including text with a fixed set of values. I have used the copy structure , and my presets came across
I think that's because the allowable values are contained within the definition of the column. Custom columns and their characteristics are fundamental to calibre; without them it probably wouldn't have 30,000 active users, let alone 3,000,000

Even though its built-into the core, the User category feature is more like an optional extra along the lines of Reading Lists (and much less used than RLs I suggest). I think I'm right in saying: If you copy books from Library A to Library B the Reading lists in which the books appear in Library A aren't copied to Library B.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote