View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
sonyreaderfan
Groupie
sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader Prs 950, iPad
Over Memorial Day weekend, the weather was good, and it means going to the mall! (I love window shopping.) The two places happen to have Sony stores. One was the brand new Sony Store that's modelled after the Apple stores.
(http://www.ienlive.com/tech/exclusiv...-city-preview/)
(Aside: people living going to Century City mall must be tech-savvy - and rich -- It's near Beverly Hills. Within walking distance are the Sony Store, Apple Store, and soon-to-open Microsoft Store.)

At that Sony Store, they were only selling the PRS 350. I asked about the other models and a store person says they are discontinued. I asked if Sony is getting out of the ereader market and he says something like, no way, ereader is the wave of the future.

At another Sony store, which is a small, Sony Style store, they were selling the PRS 350 and PRS 950. I happen to talk to a manager. When I asked if Sony is discontinuing the ereaders, the manager said, if Sony were, they would be the first to know about it and she didn't know anything, and the readers are selling pretty well.

So who knows, take what they say with a grain of salt. Some conflicting info regarding PRS 950 -- why is the other store selling them? Until we get some clarification from higher ups (any Sony employees in the forum? I see Kobo employees in it and responding) anything including this is speculation.
sonyreaderfan is offline   Reply With Quote