View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #25
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
And one geography teacher consistenly referred to Europe and Asia as Eurasia.
Yep, that's a common name too.

Quote:
Greenland may be on the American continental plate, but it's definitely in Europe politically.
Politically yes, but geographically it's America (for me), and the Canary Islands are Africa. I mention this because I often hear on the news and the like things like some of these islands being the southernmost point in Europe or other similar stupid things... If it's Europe because it belongs to Spain then the island of Réunion is also Europe because it belongs to France, and the Falklands/Malvinas belong to the UK...

Quote:
When I was very young I always thought it odd that places like Greenland "belonged" to countries they physically weren't next to.

For reference point, I'm in the UK and went to primary school in the 70s and secondary school in the 80s.
You must have thought the UK was a really odd country then
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote