View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #8
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Harry, with all due respect, you are mistaken: you can connect an Iliad to a pc with the included USB cable + adapter, and it shows up as an external drive. I am looking at mine right now on Win 10. The only limitation is that although the Iliad can accept an SD card, a CF card, and an USB key at the same time (in addition to the internal memory), only one of those is visible via pc at any one time. You need to select this in the settings before connecting the device.
As for batteries (the Iliad has 2 of them): yes, this is a risk. Even in good condition, the Iliad can only last through a working day (but then so can humans &#128515. That's why I suggested to the OP to ask the seller to test it. It is also possible to replace the batteries, but it's not trivial.
I stand by my opinion that 150€ is not a bad price for a NOS Iliad if you're going to use the Wacom stylus. If it's just for reading, there are much better devices for only slightly more money.

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote