View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan
... about the page size, I can't believe that Sony would have some sort of filter to automaticlly resize....
Nobody else has either.

I think it's an artifact of the PDF Files themselves -- they're saved with Page size and layout internalized. The ability to preserve that is makes them so valuable, but it also makes them kind of rigid.

The ability to reflow the text (adjust to different screen sizes) can be added to a PDF, but it apparently has to be set up when the file is created.

I know the Palm PDF reader from Adobe more or less reflows the content for display on the much smaller screen, so it can be done. Perhaps Adobe will expand it to convert for these readers in the coming days. The only drawback I've found in the Palm PDF reader is that the files are HUGE, compared to the original. That seems counter-intuitive when you're aiming to put it on a PDA, but there it is. They're actually significantly larger than the original file (TXT 2.4kb, PDF, 29.6kb, Palm PDF 35kb).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote