View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan
The reader def. I live just outside of DC and there are two Sony Connect stores nearby. I've always liked Sony products, the Illiad is too expensive and I've never trusted communist products so it's really the only choice I can live with.

The html issue isn't really a bother for me. I'm in politics for the most part and half of what I read is policy papers in PDF format anyway and it looks like the Reader is perfect for that. I have a large current collection and much of it is in html but seriously people, converting that is a snap. Looks like all I'll have to do is spend a few minutes each week (or every few weeks) converting the html, hardly a hassle.

The only problem I have now is comics, I have a lot of them on my computer. I'm not sure those are going to render well at all. On the other hand, there isn't any device that has color anyway (yet) and most are short enough that I can read them on my computer or laptop anyway.
I'm afraid you may have some difficulty with your PDFs unless you can resize them to the Sony's screen, or get them that size in the first place.
Depending on what software you have to work with this may or may not be possible. Or if they're not secure PDF's you can allways export them to text.

I hear what you're saying about China -- I'd prefer not to support a communist regime myself -- however, Bingle is right, I'd be surprised if significant portions of each of these readers didn't originate in China, it seems like everything comes from there these days, at least parts, anyway.

On the other hand, China is a good deal less antagonistic these days, and the lot of their "citizens" has improved at least somewhat from all the manufacturing they do, so .... (shrug) what're you gonna do?

I'm not attacking your view, or even really disagreeing, but I've largely given up putting it into practice in any meaningful sense.

But that too, is another topic, for another forum.

Last edited by NatCh; 07-20-2006 at 09:30 PM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote