View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #157
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
What's wrong with purple?!?! I mean I am the purple lady.
Right you are. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it suits you. I can imagine purple-on-black can be pretty effective for night mode. One of my night modes in Moon+ Pro is, in fact, pretty similar to yours -- except that it's blue-on-black, not purple-on-black. Check out the first screenshot below. I can assure fellow MobileRead users that though the screenshot may look terrible and next to unreadable when posted here in the forum (meaning, surrounded by the blinding white of the forum webpage), the setup actually works quite nicely when implemented as night mode, in an otherwise completely dark room. The only light in the room, then, is the light emitted by the blue letters inside the book -- that's nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
It's only for lines that begin with a link that's a problem. Here's the toc of my current book:
Like I said, in a book I checked, a retail EPUB (likely well-formatted), there was no such problem with the links in the ToC.

In another book I've just checked now, I can see the same issue as Purple Lady in her ToC (see the second screenshot below, which shows my day mode). That's a Project Gutenberg free EPUB, so it's likely badly formatted. Nevertheless, this shouldn't be happening even with badly formatted EPUBs, so I'll be sending these screenshots to Shawny of Moon+ Reader so that he can take a look at the bug. By the way, a typical book doesn't really contain lots of hyperlinked ToC (or similar formatting) inside the book text, so the bug should be pretty rare and almost irrelevant for the actual reading experience. That doesn't make it excusable or tolerable in the long run, of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-08 22.58.26.png
Views:	413
Size:	940.5 KB
ID:	116419   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-08 22.57.46-1.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	116420  

Last edited by Faterson; 12-08-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote