View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
What is the actual reason you wanted to surround an existing cover? I'm just curious...

Though it is the actual use case scenario that intrigues me the most as to whether I add that in to see how useful others would find it - so, what are you up to Walt?
The case use is limited, mostly for short stories.

One example is Michael Swanwick's Periodic Table series of stories. I have been grabbing up images like the attached to use as covers for the various short stories. They lack the Author name and often the title. I then usually add the author and title to the images down the line. Your cover generation plugin will be great for adding (especially now that you are adding color fonts) the title and author to these covers.

Quote:
If I didn't implement the feature above then one thing I can do is add drag/drop to the images list. So you could hit O to open the folder, bring up the cover generator, drag the cover onto the list in the dialog and then hit ok.
Drag n drop sounds like a good work around.

Quote:
Or I could implement the extract from book option - which is "safer" in that it can be run repeatedly.
Since most of my current projects aren't in a book, extracting them wouldn't work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	68247  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-12-2011 at 09:47 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote