View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 06:45 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Contrast looks best at 170 degrees angle?

I made a strange observation with my Iliad:

If I put it on a table and look at it froma n angle of nearly 180 degrees, the background is very white and the text is very black. This position would then be an optimal reading position, but of course you can't really read very well from that angle.

My idea is, that the improvement in contrast is due to a "thicker" layer of "display particles" between the eye and the backplate. If this is correct, then maybe a thicker eink display could display better than the current ones? Or is it the particle density?

Does anyone else notice this? i've been wondering about if for a while now and finally decided to ask the community about it...let me know what you think.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote