View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #138
kartturi
kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!kartturi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hello all,

here's my long-term dream of what I would like to have eventually ported to Onyx M92 or one of its successors:

A hand-writing recognition system coupled to REP-loop/editor of my/your dream interpreted dynamical language, like Scheme, Python, Ruby, Factor or R. That is, one could scribble down a function definition, execute/interpret it immediately, meaning in Lisp-like languages as soon as the user writes the matching closing parenthesis of (define ...), and get the results on the screen. And with a statistics package like R, could draw plots, and so on. Could port some spreadsheet as well.

And as we have a stylus, it should be much less primitive than with just touch-screen tablets. See for example what is proposed here:
http://prezi.com/dwan2dzzlhmo/touchi...nt-on-tablets/

So, reading all the previous messages in this thread, it seems that there are all kinds of problems before one could even start thinking developing anything like this.
But I hope that Onyx International or some other manufacturer would see the light, out of the current "e-readers are just for reading"-box, and start imagining what new kind of killer applications one could develop for this platform, if there were no artificial hindrances set up on the way.
kartturi is offline   Reply With Quote