View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #73
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
As was also pointed out elsewhere, Stargate: SG-1 ran for 10 years, and had run its course. Stargate: Atlantis and Eureka have run for 5 seasons each, nothing to sneeze at. And they gave us Galactica. All have achieved the critical mass for DVD sales and syndication into the future, the real cash-cow for TV shows, so you can't really blame Siffy for their cancellations.

You can make a case for Dresden, Stargate: Universe, Caprica and I'm sure a few others. Siffy has indeed proven that they don't have the cash to support many expensive SF shows, and make up for it with comparatively cheap reality shows, and wrestling (the cheapest science fiction there is).
Stargate Universe didn't deserve the name. What a piece of gossa!
One of the shining traits of the SG world for me was it's family friendliness and we had been so looking forward to it. They blew that out of the water in the first 5 minutes. I couldn't find a single likable character in the entire series either.
Just my .02 though.
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote